Innovative, international, and customer-focused, Follett LLC leads the ice making/dispensing and medical-grade refrigeration industry in designing and manufacturing the highest quality, innovative products for foodservice and healthcare markets. Our success has been written by the hundreds of employees who have proudly been part of Follett’s 70-year history.
Follett offers many interesting career opportunities, all of which encourage growth and development and contribute to the success of the company. The development and promotion of talent is a high priority at Follett.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our Team as a Buyer/Planner.
- Supports the manufacturing operation by selecting the planning method and executing the purchase and re-supply of materials
- Calculates economic order quantities consistent with inventory policies. Identifies and expedites part shortages.
- Maintains data in the information system.
- Assists in the adherence to department measures and budgets.
- Provides other assistance to various functions within the Materials Department.
- Minimum 2-4-year degree in a business-related field, or related experience.
- Preferred Professional Certifications: ISM CPM and/or APICS CPIM preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience performing in a purchasing, manufacturing planning, and project participation role in a $150+ million manufacturing environment.
- Functioning in a lean environment with an understanding of pull systems, JIT, and other lean strategies.
- Understand MRP planning systems.
- Able to work closely with others in a highly motivated fast paced team environment.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Professional Products. Exposure to Avanté (or similar) ERP system preferred.
If you want your contribution to be appreciated and valued, consider the wide array of benefits and perks Follett is proud to offer:
- Working in a culture committed to teamwork, innovation, honesty, integrity, and respect
- Competitive compensation and benefits program
- Celebrating during company events
- Promoting health and wellness encouraged by wellness incentive program
- Educational Assistance and Leadership Development
- Sharing in the company’s success through profit sharing
If this excites you, then Follett is where you’ll want to continue your career. Submit your most recent resume.
Follett LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants