Innovative, international, and customer-focused, Follett LLC leads the ice making/dispensing and medical-grade refrigeration industry in designing and manufacturing the highest quality, innovative products for foodservice and healthcare markets. Our success has been written by the hundreds of employees who have proudly been part of Follett’s 70-year history.
Follett offers many interesting career opportunities, all of which encourage growth and development and contribute to the success of the company. The development and promotion of talent is a high priority at Follett.
We are looking for an individual to join our Team as a Quality Assurance Director (Manufacturing)
The Quality Director is responsible for the quality of the product in all stages of its development, supplier quality, assembly and final shipment to customer. The Quality Director will also be responsible for the development and execution of the Quality Management System (QMS) for the organization. This position reports to the Vice President of Operations and will have direct access to the Follett Leadership Team in the development, execution and performance updates of the QMS process company-wide.
- Tracks quality performance of all product lines through the manufacturing process as well as post launch. Leads initiatives that improves and/or maintains the quality of products
- Develops, implements and oversees the Company’s Quality Management System, including managing the quality of raw materials, assemblies, components and products, services related to production and inspection processes
- Directs and managers Quality personnel. Provides direction, coaching, and performance feedback
- Reviews customer complaints/concerns to determine where quality improvements will be implemented to eliminate problems and reduce warranty cost and COPQ. Works directly with customer as needed
- Partners with the Materials/Procurement Department to develop and maintain a supplier quality index (utilizing supplier capability data, vendor certification and score cards) to assure continued supplier development. Perform/oversee supplier audit and initiate corrective action where necessary
- Works closely with Engineering to integrate quality systems with new product development and sustaining functions. Reviews product/process designs and contributes quality assurance requirements and considerations to prevent/eliminate waste. Print reading, including GD&T and stack-up analysis, required
- BA in Engineering or Quality Management, MBA a plus. 8 to 20 years of experience
- Minimum 3-5 years Director level responsibility leading a Quality Department
- Proven leader, decision maker, change agent, communicator
- ISO 9000/9001 certified, ISO 13485, NFS, ASME, APQP certification a plus
- Hands-on problem solver through implementation
- 8D Corrective Action responses for supplier, internal and customer discrepancies
- Experience in Supplier Quality Control and PPAP process
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, prioritize work, meet objectives and deadlines and possess strong organizational skills and initiative
If you want your contribution to be appreciated and valued, consider the wide array of benefits and perks Follett is proud to offer:
- Working in a culture committed to teamwork, innovation, honesty, integrity, and respect
- Competitive compensation and benefits program
- Promoting health and wellness encouraged by wellness incentive program
- Educational Assistance and Leadership Development
- Sharing in the company’s success through profit sharing
If this excites you, then Follett is where you’ll want to continue your career. Submit your most recent resume
Follett LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.